An Ode to GIFs

If a picture (.jpeg .png) is worth 1000 words, how many is a GIF (Graphical Interchange Format) worth? I guess it depends on the number of frames and how well it loops.


To say I've been obsessed with GIFs, would be an understatement. I'm usually replying with one in Facebook comments and have that useless pop culture knowledge to find the perfect relevant GIF for the group chat at work. I've even updated my site to include two on the home page. Jokingly I posted this to my Facebook:



This comment stood out:
Hailey: Elongate the acronym. Most people don’t know what it stands for.
- Utilizes the Graphics Interchange Format to accurately communicate applicable ideas in a team setting. 
Implies creativity and teamwork 😁😁😁😁
Let us all know how this works out!
Some other posts on the subject:


When you have the obsession I have with GIFs, you have a favorite source. Mine is GIPHY and I've made a few over the years from Youtube videos and added to GIPHY when the one I was looking for was on Tenor.



Not only is it super easy to make your own GIFs, but GIPHY has some great apps:

GIPHY for Chrome (extension - how to add GIFs to emails and such)
GIPHY iOS app (iMessage app)
GIPHY Capture (Mac app to make any video a GIF)

I even figured out how to add GIFs from GIPHY to Instagram Stories thanks to this video showing you how to copy/paste anything on your iPhone to your Instagram Story. He uses it for an image collage, but I like copying the GIF I want to pair with funny text on a blank background.

So, enjoy creating and sharing your favorites! You know I will. If only Facebook would treat GIFs as an image instead of a link and maybe one day I can comment GIFs on Instagram posts.

Comments