Apple's September 9th Event

I will update this with pretty pictures and everything at a later time, but I was wanting to jot down some thoughts ASAP:

Apple Watch

I like the idea of the Apple Watch, but I'll probably wait for a later version of it. It is the best quality hardware in the wearable category, but it comes at a premium.

Apple iPad Pro

This is a really cool device and I will enjoy playing with it in the Apple Store, but I don't think it is something that I or most consumers would need. This is a great device for artistically talented designers. It is a better Microsoft Surface. Apple isn't always the first to the marketplace, but they usually make the best - at a premium. The average consumer would get more mileage out of a chromebook(this post was written on a chromebook), especially for the cost. I still have the original iPad mini; it is much slower these days, but it is great for watching YouTube videos before I go to sleep.

Apple TV (2015)

I love that they are updating the Apple TV for the first time in three years, but it isn't as revolutionary as I'd hoped. The remote is cool and it is great that games that I've already purchased on iOS should come over to tvOS at no additional cost, but it is basically my Roku 3 from 2013 with Siri. The new Roku 3s have voice search, but I'm sure it is not as good as Siri. I can search for a TV show or movie across all applications and it works very well. The Roku 3 retails for $99 and if you sign up for Sling TV, you can get one for $50. I was hoping Apple would bring us something even better than Sling TV, but they obviously didn't make it happen this year. It is great that we finally have a hardware update, but where is my headphone jack on the remote like Roku 3?

Apple iPhone 6S and 6S Plus

My first smartphone was the iPhone 4S; I currently use and iPhone 5S. I am a big fan of the "S" line of iPhones. They get mixed reviews for not being revolutionary enough, but I really like that they take the "new" body from the previous year and maximize the potential. I am a weird Apple and Google fan. I love my Apple hardware and Google Software mix. Live Photos will be cool (I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd, so yeah!) and I will love dabbling in 4K video. I love what is happening with the camera on these devices. I will be interested to see what is in store for iOS 9 and the new iPhones, especially with the iPhone Upgrade Program, especially since it comes with Apple Care+?!?!?

Comments