I got rid of Bluehost

I really enjoyed having several Wordpress.org installs on a webhost, but it just got too costly.

I've really liked the creative outlet of creating websites with the Genesis Framework by StudioPress and Divi by Elegant Themes. I went from 5-10 page websites to making one page designs with CSS tags to take you to different parts of the same page with a traditional top navigation.


Bluehost went from costing $4 bucks a month (by paying for 3 years initially) to costing about $55 a quarter and building these websites just weren't my biggest priority these days. The speed was never very good and I found myself gravitating to the ease of a website created with Google Sites (new). I had several of the classic design because you can map the domain (ex: sites.mcbrown91.com). The new Google Sites still doesn't have the ability to do this, but since I use Google Domains (instead of GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc) for my site and Chelsea's, there are some awesome tools to help for a seamless feel. I just direct those domains to the new sites for now and hopefully there will be additional features in the near future.

Maybe I'll get back to Wordpress.org installs one of these days, but for now I'm enjoying just having Google Sites.

Comments